Friday, July 2, 2010

A word of gratitude!

Wow. I expected that the people I'm closest to would be kind after reading my first blog post in more than five years, but I had no idea the response would be as intense as the post itself! So many of you have sent me kudos, both direct messages and public. But what amazes me is the people I don't even know that well (whom I didn't even realize were followers) writing to say they were inspired.


One of my Twitter buddies even wrote to say that he "likes me even more now". That reminded me of a poem my father wrote:


"I hope my children will grow up healthy and strong... not in spite of my mistakes, but because of them."


I could say something similar:


"I hope people will like what they see in me, not in spite of my mistakes, but because of them."


My period of "supervised release" ended in February, a little over four months ago. However, it wasn't until I wrote my first blog post and received such positive feedback yesterday that I actually was free of the shackles.


Ahh... free at last!


-A.M.

No comments: