Monday, August 30, 2010

WEDDING DAY!

So, Jim and I drove to the wedding, and halfway there I realized I'd left my iPhone back at the house. I NEVER forget my iPhone! EVER! So the ONE time the laws of physics change and I DO forget my iPhone, it happens to be on my grandfather's wedding day! Luckily, my Uncle Greg has the same exact model I do (the family resemblance is starting to reveal itself) and had his, so I confiscated it and was still able to take photos and video.



Everyone was so excited, and I made sure everyone signed the guest book. Finally, the wedding march began to play, and my grandfather and his bride walked arm in arm to the "alter" under the wedding tent.
Here comes the bride and groom!
I found myself tearing up REALLY bad in the beginning, just from the pure sweetness of it all. To think of how much my grandfather has been through over the years, the fact that he fought in World War II, and now, here he was, at age 87, getting married! I was so happy and grateful that he was able to be so healthy and vibrant and have such a wonderful wedding - and such a beautiful bride whom we've all known for years and love so much!


The wedding itself was very sweet. There were a LOT of people there. It was hard to believe that all of these people were friends just from Massachussetts. You'd think he'd lived there his entire life. Most of his friends are here in TN, where there will be a reception when they get back home from their honeymoon travels.
The Wedding Begins!
My grandfather has always managed to have a huge following of friends wherever he goes. If he was on Twitter, he'd probably have more followers than Britney Spears and Lady GaGa combined! LOL
Finally, it was time to "Kiss The Bride"!
You may now kiss the bride!
Actually, while they were waiting for the music to cue up (there was a delay), they ended up kissing one another over and over and over, and each time the kiss got more and more passionate. I was afraid they were going to start the honeymoon before the wedding finale music began! LOL


Newlyweds!
There was a beautiful reception following the wedding, and lots of wonderful food! There were even Loomis House staff servers!
Top-Notch Service - Fried Oysters
(My grandfather's favorite!)


The wedding cake was as delicious as it was beautiful!
My grandfather, the wedding planner (who knew?) made sure the flowers matched his bride's dress! 
I didn't get to talk to everyone, but everyone I spoke to expressed how happy they were to see the first ever wedding take place at Loomis House. I think a lot of the residents were inspired. One of them even commented to Pa and Jean how refreshing it was to see two people walking down the hall, holding hands.
More kissing!
Maybe these two should skip the reception and go straight to their honeymoon suite!
A few of my grandfather's friends.

A toast to long life, love and happiness!
After the wedding, the newlyweds snuck off to a bed and breakfast where they spent the night and began their travels around New England!




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: