Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Falling Back - Dogs To The Rescue

Fall is here. I'm happy about that. Unfortunately, it seems that many of my friends are having a difficult time, as am I.

My friend Julie, whom I blogged about over the summer, and whose mother died just a few months ago, is now going through a divorce. She discovered that her husband of five + years has been cheating on her while she's been caring for her family.

What's worse, is that before she discovered he had a girlfriend, when she told him she wanted to go on a trip with me this month, he told her no, she couldn't, because she has a family to take care of. WHAT A DOUCHE!!! He's telling HER she has a family to take care of, even though her mother is gone and now it's just her and her 4-year-old adopted daughter, while HE is out screwing around. That's a DOUBLE DOUCHE!!!

This has all happened so fast that it's making MY head spin, so I can only imagine how Julie feels. Last week she found an apartment and I have been helping her with her move and trying to find new homes for her pets that she can't take with her to the new apartment.

Other friends are losing loved ones right and left, people they've known for ages who seem to be falling like leaves in the wind.

I don't like to blog about negative things, but sometimes it's good to get these things off of one's chest to make room for optimism and motivation.

I've been sick for a couple of days and am feeling so overwhelmed by everything I need to get done. I keep hoping for a major surge of energy to rush through me and help me get things done more quickly, but my concentration hasn't been good at all. I find it very difficult to focus lately.

I'm angry and frustrated, disappointed, stressed, and just plain blah.

I've got to go now (it's almost 5 a.m.) and pick up a small dog of Julie's that she can't find a home for. She's an adorable doggie, about three years old, tiny, and Julie named her "Big Mama", of course.



She will stay with us until I can find her a good home. It will be interesting to see how she and Booger interact. Mutt and Jeff?

Meanwhile, Booger is the SWEETEST dog ever. He's nice and big and solid so I can grab him and hug him and squeeeeeeeeeeze him when I'm having a rough day. He makes me happy. He's so pretty and adorable and his fur is so soft and shiny. I really can't imagine life without him.

Dogs. In the end, it's all about the dogs.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

"sometimes it's good to get these things off of one's chest to make room for optimism and motivation."

A nice thought in that, Angie Max, very healthy on several levels. I believe I will ponder that and then look for some light to shine through the cracks...the "making room" piece (or peace).